bold

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Amigas X Siempre~Friends 4 Ever


Erica, Michelle, Me, Jackie, Sara


Yesterday I went over to my friend Michelle's house for a lunch get together with "the girls".  It had been planned well in advance and I was looking forward to it as it would be the last time I would get to see everyone before leaving for Guadalajara. My day had been going great up until I got ready to leave for Michelle's.  I couldn't find my car keys.  I had given them to David to play with and I knew he had hidden them somewhere, I just couldn't figure out where.  I searched everywhere to no avail and even called to say I didn't think I could make it. Jackie insisted that I had to come and even offered to come pick me up.  To make a long story short, I never found the keys, but was able to make it to lunch in a taxi (only 45 minutes late)!  To my surprise, when I arrived the girls had a "going away gift bag" for me!  How incredibly thoughtful and touching!!  It was full of delightful goodies to take with me to Guadalajara, not to mention the bag itself was wonderful!  I am so thankful for the amazing, generous friends that I have. Thank you so much to all of you for your kindness, it means so much to me! XOXO  


Great bag


All the goodies: Marshmallow giraffes for David, O magazine, homemade brownies and peanut brittle, Be Happy gumballs, cinnamon-apple flavored lotion and anti-bacterial gel, organic soaps, silver angel with the serenity prayer engraved on it, and a heart shaped "Friends For Ever" magnet  

As an added touch, they put in little slips of paper with inspirational quotes written on them. That little detail made it even more special and personalized.  I'm so lucky to call these wonderful women my friends!!


P.S.  Later that day my car keys were found stuffed into the end of a rolled up rug.  Thank goodness because it was going to cost almost $400 to have a new key made since I only have 1 set of keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment